Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Steam the Sweet Potatoes: Place the diced sweet potatoes in a steamer basket and steam them for about 10-15 minutes or until they are fork-tender. Steaming helps preserve their nutrients and natural sweetness.
- Sauté the Turkey: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes until they become translucent. Add the ground turkey and cook until it’s browned and cooked through, breaking it into small crumbles as it cooks.
- Add Spices: Once the turkey is cooked, add the ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and turmeric to the skillet. These spices not only add delicious flavors but also have sleep-enhancing properties.
- Mix in Sweet Potatoes: Add the steamed sweet potato cubes to the skillet with the turkey and spices. Gently toss everything together and cook for a few more minutes to combine the flavors.
- Season and Serve: Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the skillet from heat, and garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley. Parsley adds a fresh and aromatic touch to the dish.
- Enjoy: Serve the sleep-enhancing turkey and sweet potato hash warm. It’s a nutritious and comforting meal that can help promote better sleep due to the turkey’s tryptophan content, and the spices, which have relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties.
This recipe is not only delicious but also incorporates ingredients that are known to support good sleep and relaxation, making it a great choice for a bedtime meal to help you rest and recharge your body.