Mediterranean Quinoa Salad by Chef Bryce
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. of pitted Kalamata olives (slice them into quarters)
- 1 small orange peeled, sectioned, and diced (optional)
- 4 oz. of feta cheese
- 4 oz. of lemon juice (fresh lemons preferred)
- 2 oz. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion (cut into small dices)
- 1 tbsp. of chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. of chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp of salt (optional)
- 1 tsp of pepper
- In a medium saucepan cook the quinoa in the chicken broth( Follow directions on package, 15 minutes)
- Once quinoa is cooked allow to cool for a few minutes and add to a large bowl. Add lemon juice to a small bowl or cup and slowly stir in olive oil while mixing at the same time.
- Add lemon/oil mixture to quinoa and mix well, add red onions, olives, green onions, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix again.
- Right before serving take out of refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow salad to get to room temp. Right before serving add feta cheese and oranges. Mix well.
For over 20 years, Chef Bryce Fluellen has utilized his culinary skills to make a significant impact in the community.
As Director of Operations for Magic Johnson Enterprises where he was responsible for the company’s growth in under-served , urban areas all across the country to present day as the first Chef hired by American Heart Association to run Kids/Teens Cook with Heart, a healthy cooking program that has impacted over 1,000 children and adults throughout Los Angeles County.
Chef Bryce has been an educator of health in partnerships with recognizable brands such as Nike/Brand Jordan, CBS Entertainment Diversity, Whole Foods Market, American Diabetes Association, LA Food Policy Council, Tessamae’s All Natural Dressings, and AARP.
As a teacher, health advocate, and a culinary expert, Chef Bryce is a respected leader and resource for the city of Los Angeles and across the nation.